She looks grumpy but she was actually quite excited.
after it dried a bit I watered down some cinnamon brown paint (I added quite a bit of water to it) and used it to “age” the canvas a bit.
I found that using a dry spongy brush in circular motions worked best.
Then I thought, “hmm, it would probably be easier to do the “aging” before doing G’s print.”
Shortly after that he decided to have a nice dirty diaper so I took that opportunity to do his foot print. He was much more cooperative with his feet but still moved a bit, oh well.
Here are his cute little blue toes
And here it is, like I said, he smudged his a bit but not enough to bother redoing the whole thing, that would be WAY too much work, and although I am a bit OCD I will just deal with a bit of smudge this time.